Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) is hiring for various positions 2024.
Instructions as per written on the notification:
1. Candidates are required to apply online through ICSSR’s website at www.icssr.org. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
2. Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID and mobile number. Candidates are advised not to share / mention e-mail id/ log in credentials to any other person under any circumstances. Both e-mail id and mobile should be kept active during
the currency of this recruitment. All the eligible candidates will be informed by e-mail or through SMS regarding downloading of Admit Card from designated web portal.
3. Complete details should be filled carefully in online application form. Scan and upload recent photograph, signature at the appropriate places as per instructions contained in the online application form and submit the same online. Login id and password would be generated on successful submission of application and will be displayed on the screen. Candidates are advised to note down their login id and password for future use.
4. Fee once deposited, shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
5. The candidates have to pay examination fee online in favour of ICSSR, New Delhi, through NEFT/RTGS on A/c No. 8474101050001, IFSC Code: CNRB0008474, the post-wise examination fee payable is as under.
Mode of Selection :-
a) Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the computer based test and written examination (wherever applicable). The decision of ICSSR about the mode of selection to the above posts and eligibility conditions of the applicants for interview (wherever applicable) shall be final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
b) In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the ICSSR shall be final. Applicants are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement. However, the mode of selection for all the above posts will be at the sole discretion of ICSSR and may be changed with due notification.
c) The final merit list for the position of Assistant Director (Research) will be based on the performance of the candidates in Computer based test (Paper-1 (Part-A & Part-B)), Written test (Paper-2) and Interview.
d) The merit list for the position of Research Assistant will be prepared based on the performance of the candidates in the computer based test (Paper-1 (Part-A & Part-B)) and written test (Paper-2) only. There will be no interview for the position of Research Assistant.
e) For the position of Lower Division Clerk, candidates have to qualify the Computer based test. Those who qualify the Computer based test will be called for Typing Test. However, typing test will be of qualifying nature. Assessment will be done on the basis of Computer based test and not on the speed obtained in the typing test. There will be no interview for the position of Lower Division Clerk.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES
1. Number of posts is tentative. The number/category/recruitment mode of posts advertised may increase/decrease/change, and the ICSSR reserves the right not to fill up some or all posts advertised, if the circumstances so warrant.
2. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after issuing an appointment letter, the ICSSR reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the applicant.
3. In anticipation of the huge number of applicants, scrutiny of the eligibility criteria etc. may not be undertaken at the time of Recruitment Examination. Therefore, the applications shall be accepted provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible as per advertisement published /uploaded by ICSSR before applying, otherwise their candidature will be cancelled at any stage if any information or claim is not found substantiated including when the scrutiny of documents is undertaken by the ICSSR.
4. The list of candidates shortlisted for interview (wherever applicable), venue and date of interview will be notified on ICSSR website.
5. There will be no interview for the position of Research Assistant. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in the computer based test (Paper-1 (Part-A & Part-B)) and written test (Paper-2) only.
6. If there are two or more candidates in the same category having equal marks in the final result, the candidate older in age will get preference.