Indian Military Nursing Service (MNS Website) is a great opportunity opportunity for aspiring young women of India Nationality.
Indian Army Military Nursing Service(MNS)
MNS Adhikrut website or MNS website is not there seperately, but you will get all the MNS related notification and updates at the official website of Indian Army.
- Applications are invited from female candidates who have passed MSc (Nursing) /PB B Sc (Nursing)/B Sc(Nursing) for grant of Short Service Commission in the Military Nursing Service.
- Nationality – Must be a citizen of India
- Qualification & Registration: Should have passed MSc (Nursing) /PB B Sc (Nursing)/B Sc(Nursing) from INC recognized University and be a registered Nurse and Midwife from a State Nursing Council (The candidate will be required to bring original and self attested copies of marksheet, passing certificate and valid State Registration certificate at the time of interview).
- Date of Birth –Between 02 Aug 1981 and 03 Aug 1995 (Both days inclusive).
- Physical Fitness: Medical fitness will be assessed as per Military Standards by Military Authorities. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen) will be done. The physical fitness of selected candidates will finally be determined by a Medical Board under arrangement made by the office of DGAFMS. Candidates pregnant at the time of medical examination and joining for commission will be rejected being temporarily medically unfit.
- Method of Selection:
(a) Written test : Only eligible candidates will be called for a written test to be conductedduring the first/Second week of Sep 2016. The written test of 100 marks will consist of objective type questions based on Nursing, English language and Gen intelligence. There is no negative marking. The OMR based evaluation of the answer sheets will be done at IHQ of MoD(Army) and the result of successful shortlisted candidates will be declared online on the army website with the instructions for interview by fourth week of Sep 2016.Confirmation of the result will be the individual responsibility of the candidates. This Office will not be responsible for informing the result individually.
Military Nursing Service Exam Syllabus
Indian Army MNS General English Syllabus
- Synonyms/ Homonyms
- Spot the error
- Fill in the blanks
- Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Idioms and phrases
- One word substitutions
- Shuffling of sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Cloze passage
- Comprehension passage
Indian Army MNS Syllabus for Biology
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Genetics and evolution
- Human health and diseases
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Biodiversity, ecology, and environment
Indian Army MNS Syllabus for Physics
- Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power
- Properties of Matter
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
Syllabus of MNS 2020 for Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- p,d, and f – Block Elements
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules
Indian Army MNS Exam Syllabus 2020 – General Intelligence
- Number Series
- Space Visualization
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Similarities and Differences
- Figure Classification
- Visual Memory
- Relationship Concepts
- Non-Verbal Series
- Arithmetical Computation
- Analytical Functions etc
Military nursing service salary
On completion of the pre-commissioning formalities, the candidates will be granted the rank of Lieutenant. The monthly Basic Pay will be Rs 15,600 + Grade Pay Rs 5,400/- + Military Service Pay– Rs 4,200/- + DA and other Allowance as per prevailing rates.
(b) Interview and medical examination: A required number (not more than three times of vacancies) of shortlisted candidates of the written test, in the order of merit will be called for interview during the month of Oct 2016 at Delhi. Thereafter, only the candidates who have cleared the interview will be subjected to Medical Examination. The process of interview and medical examination may take2-5 days. Arrangement for accommodation will be individual responsibility. Only the required number of shortlisted candidates (as per vacancy and merit) who are pronounced medically fit in all respect will be sent call letters to report to the various hospitals in Armed Forces. No correspondence/queries will be entertained. The decision of the Board for written test and interview will be final. Candidates declared
FIT/UNFIT will be informed by the President of the Medical board including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD. The candidates called for interview will be paid Sleeper class Railway fare from the place of residence to the place of interview/medical examination and back only on submission of the original tickets, as amended from time to time. The candidate called for interview, if found not in the possession of documents as per eligibility criteria, will be rendered ineligible to appear for the interview and the selection is liable to be cancelled. In such cases no TA will be applicable.
- Marital status:Single/Married/Divorcee or otherwise legally separated /Widow.
- Employability:Candidates selected for grant of SSC in the MNS will be liable to serve for five yearsextendable to a total tenure of fourteen (5+5+4) years, anywhere in India in the same way as Military Nursing Service (Regular) Officers of the Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force). No request will be entertained on choice of posting through any means in the first five years of service.
- Emoluments:On completion of the pre-commissioning formalities, the candidates will be granted the rank of Lieutenant with the monthlyBasic Pay of Rs 15,600 + Grade Pay Rs 5,400/- + Military Service Pay- Rs 4,200/- + DA and other Allowance as per prevailing rates.Entitled ration, accommodation and allied facilities will also be offered.
(a) Promotion of Short Service Commission Nursing Officers is as under:-
Lt – On entry
Capt – Three Years of reckonable commissioned service
Maj – Eight Years of reckonable commissioned service
(b) Promotion for Permanent Commission Nursing Officers is as under-
Lt – On entry
Capt – Three Years of reckonable commissioned service
Maj – Eight Years of reckonable commissioned service
Lt Col – By selection (Lt Col Time Scale- after 16 Years of reckonable commissioned service)
Col – By selection
Brig – By selection
Maj Gen- By selection
Note– Nursing Officers with B Sc Nursing qualification are eligible for one year antedate of commission; Nursing Officers with M Sc Nursing qualification are eligible for two years antedate of commission and one year antedate for each completed year of previous service rendered in Nursing Profession after fully qualifying as nurse midwife in a Govt recognized Hospital/Medical College/Health Institute subject to a max of two years antedate and provided that previous service was not terminated on grounds of unsuitability or misconduct or profound professional negligence or indiscipline or any other disciplinary ground. In case of a candidate who is eligible for ante date under more than one of the preceding clauses, the total period of ante date will be limited to two years. The period of antedate will neither carry any back pay in any case nor will it count for gratuity as per rules.
- Permanent Commission:SSC Officers of the MNS will be considered for grant of permanent commission as per existing rules as amended from time to time. They will be subjected to interview by a Selection Board duly constituted for the same. However, the grant of Permanent Commission will be subject to availability of vacancies in the Cadre.
- Written examination centres:The written examination will be conducted at Lucknow and Pune during the first/second week of Sep 2016. The examination date will be intimated on the website at the time of filling of application form. In case a need to add another centre arises due to more number of applicants, then the same will be intimated in the website accordingly.
- How to apply:
(a) The online application will be hosted on the web page of www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. The procedure for filling up of the application form, payment, admit card and subsequent processing will be available on the same website.
- Candidates may apply online through joinindianarmy.nic.in which will be accessible from 18 Jul 2016 to 03 Aug 2016. Eligibility of the candidate will be known while submitting the online application.
- The candidate’s email ID is the user ID for this website and the candidate will select their own password. This email ID is the only user ID for the whole process. Candidates should use the same active email ID during the whole process.
- The candidates should keep file (soft copy) of passport size photograph (size 3.5 X 3.5 cms) taken in the light background in jpeg format and file of scanned copy (jpeg/pdf format) of signature of the candidates ready, before filling online application. These files have to be attached to the online application, hence are necessary. File size should be between 5 Kb-20Kb.
- The eligible candidates will only be able to pay an amount of Rs 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) through payment gateway from the system for making the payment. No payment will be accepted after the last date of submission of application.
- After making the payment, the candidate will be able to complete the online submission of the application.
- After filling the details and submitting the application, an acknowledgement will be generated and a roll number will be allotted to candidate. The candidate can save or print the application form. In case the application is not being saved due to any technical problem, save the screen view of the acknowledgement and the screen view of filled application form, using the “save as” button.
- The candidate should affix herself attested photo on the printout/copy of the saved application/saved screen view and acknowledgement and sign the application.
- The admit card for the written test can be generated only online after successful completion of application format.
(b) The selection of the candidates for SSC in MNS will be subject to producing the following self attested documents at the time of interview:-
- Matriculation Certificate/School Leaving Certificate (indicating date of birth)
- Valid registration certificate of upgraded PG/PB B Sc /B Sc Nursing course.
- PG/PB B Sc /B Sc Nursing certificate & marklists.
- NCC Certificate, if any
- Character Certificate issued by a Gazetted Officer
- Proof of Indian Nationality (Nationality/Domicile certificate/Voter ID/Aadhar Card/Passport/any other proof)
- No objection certificate from the present employer, if employed.
- One self addressed envelope with Rs 40/- postal stamp for speed-post (of call letters if selected).
- Copy of release order if previously served in Military Nursing Service
- In case of change of name, copy of Gazette Notification/any other authority clearly highlighting your new name
(c) Applications/payments in any mode sent by post will not be accepted.
No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates whose applications have been rejected. No correspondence will be entertained with regard to either the receipt of application/status of application/ details or reasons of rejected applications. Duplicate submission of application will be summarily rejected without refund of any money. It is mandatory for the candidates to submit only one active email ID for all future correspondence with us.
- The aforesaid conditions are subject to modification without notice, if deemed necessary.
- Reasons for rejection of online application are incomplete application, submission of more than one application, non submission or incorrect amount for submission.
- The address for contact is as follows:
Integrated Headquarters of MoD(Army)
Dte Gen of Medical Services(Army)/DGMS-4B
Room No. 45, ‘L’ Block
Tele no 011-23092294
E-mail [email protected]