The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC MTS exam every year, so as to recruit eligible candidates in various departments/ministries/offices of the Government of India. SSC MTS is a much-awaited recruitment exam among aspirants and every year lakhs of candidates apply for it but only a handful of them can make it through. It is important for the candidates to know the syllabus and exam pattern before starting his/her preparation. There are a number of aspects related to this exam that a candidate needs to know about such as Eligibility, Syllabus, SSC MTS Application Status, Admit Card, Exam Dates, and much more. On that note, let’s discuss the points to keep in mind while attempting the SSC MTS Exam.
Candidates should have a clear idea of the SSC MTS Exam Pattern to avoid any confusion while attempting the actual exam. With the right knowledge of the exam format, marking scheme, and the distribution of marks, the candidates can plan an effective preparation strategy to qualify for the exam. SSC MTS Exam consists of two stages : Paper I and Paper-II.
- Paper I (Computer Based Exam): Paper I consists of Objective Type, Multiple Choice Questions. There are four sections for which 90 minutes is being given to attempt all the questions. There are a total of 100 (MCQ) questions asked for 100 marks. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Paper-II (Descriptive Paper): Paper II is a Pen and Paper-based exam in which the candidates are required to write a letter or an essay in English or any other allowed language. The maximum mark of Paper-II is 50 marks. The time duration of the exam is 30 minutes.
Courses to Study
Every SSC MTS Aspirants should be familiar with the SSC MTS Syllabus so that he/she can achieve the desired marks in the exam. We have shared below the highlights of the Paper -1 Syllabus for better preparation.
- English Language: Vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, and its correct usage, etc. and writing ability
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Similarities and differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, etc.
- Numerical Aptitude: Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, etc.
- General Awareness: Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research, etc.
Effective Preparation Strategy
Candidates should implement the best preparation strategies to ace the exam in one attempt. Some of the preparation strategies are as follows.
- Read newspapers and follow daily news channels to stay updated about the current happening around the world to qualify in the General Awareness section.
- Attempt mock tests from the authentic platforms to identify the strong areas and weak areas and give extra time to strengthen the weak areas. Also, it will help in improving your speed and accuracy for the actual exam.
- Solve SSC MTS Previous Year Papers to know the topics asked in the past year’s exams, marks weightage, and overall difficulty level of exam.
- Make notes of all the topics and formulas important from the exam perspective. Revise the notes on a daily basis for better results.
Practice more and more
Preparation of the SSC MTS Exam is incomplete without the proper practice of the topics and time management skills. Candidates should complete the syllabus on time and give sufficient time to practice as many questions as possible from multiple sources like online test series, practice papers, previous year papers, questions banks, and current affairs quizzes. Consistent practice will result in quick calculations and also help you in developing your own style of solving the questions in minimal time.